Developed for learners working in or aspiring to work in the construction industry, the LASER Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment, will provide the knowledge to work safely in a construction setting. Learners achieving the qualification will be able to access the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) knowledge test and can then apply for the CSCS Labourer’s card. Subjects include:
- Principles of risk assessment for maintaining and improving health and safety at work
- Importance of safe manual handling
- Importance of working safely at height
- Risks to health in a construction environment.
- Importance of working safely around plant and equipment.
The recommended guided learning hours is 21 and the total time to achieve the qualification, known as total qualification time (TQT), is 29 hours. Learners are assessed via a portfolio of evidence or centre devised and marked written test that can include multiple choice questions.